Location: Napoleon, OH
Type of Employment: Full Time
John Deere Field Service Technician/Mechanic Needed:
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
But first ask yourself....
- Would I like competitive wages?
- Would I like working for a company where what I say and do matters?
- Would I like to feel a sense of accomplishment every day?
- Would I like to work in a clean and safe facility?
- Would I like feeling that I’m part of something big?
- Do I want to work for a company where what they say is what they do?
- Do I want to be the best?
Would I like benefits like paid vacation, paid personal time off, 401k, medical, paid uniforms, paid company provided training bonuses, tool allowance and more?
If you answered yes to these questions then what are you waiting for??
Purpose: Independently performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Location Service Manager, the Diagnostic or Master Service Technicians or other technicians.
• Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products in a Kenn-Feld facility, a customer’s facility, or in the field.
• Participates in required Service Training programs
• Supports customer clinics
• Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
• May promote and sell dealer service programs directly to customers
• May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory in the vehicle
• Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
• Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, inventory, tools and equipment
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
• Timely completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
• Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills:, and Knowledge:
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
5+ years of experience performing service repairs preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
• Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
• Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
• Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
• Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
• Advanced Technician certification preferred
• Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers License) preferred
• Fork lift license preferred