Location: Angola, IN
Type of Employment: Full-time
Rental Counter Sales & Delivery Person Needed - John Deere Dealership
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
Purpose: To assist rental customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments. Also responsible for maintaining rental equipment and the rental inventory in good operating condition.
- Work with potential and existing customers to understand their needs, wants, concerns, and expectations.
- Answers phone and receives customer orders.
- Work with Rental Lead to compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Ensure show room and rental equipment is kept clean and orderly.
- Load, unload, deliver and pickup equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Ensure customer signature on contracts.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Explain the products and options available to customers.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Document any missing or broken equipment upon pick up. Fills out the appropriate forms and obtains customer’s signature. Turns form into supervisor, with pick up sheets. Tags and moves broken equipment to repair area.
- Deliver pick up ticket copies to Department Lead so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- Turn in all funds collected.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
· +1 years’ experience as pick-up truck operator preferred.
· Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers’ License), forklift license preferred (for delivery).
· Ability to lift items weighing upwards to 50 lbs.
· Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
· Are people-oriented, focused, sales driven and a team player.
· Possess outstanding communication and customer service skills.
· Are exceptionally self-disciplined and self-motivated with strong work ethic.
· Closely observes all safety guidelines and policies.
· High School diploma or equivalent experience.