Location: Coldwater, OH
Type of Employment: Full Time
Agriculture Equipment Technician Needed:
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
But first ask yourself....
- Would I like competitive wages?
- Would I like working for a company where what I say and do matters?
- Would I like to feel a sense of accomplishment every day?
- Would I like to work in a clean and safe facility?
- Would I like feeling that I’m part of something big?
- Do I want to work for a company where what they say is what they do?
- Do I want to be the best?
- Would I like benefits like paid vacation, paid personal time off, 401k, medical, paid uniforms, paid company provided training bonuses, tool allowance and more?
- If you answered yes to these questions then what are you waiting for??
Are you motivated? Do you have 3 years AG equipment experience or equivalent? Do you have your own tools and think you’re an outstanding tech who can pass some required Human Resource stuff? Then we invite you to apply for an opportunity to sit down and chat with us. You’ll be so glad you did!
Position Description: Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Location Service Manager, or the Diagnostic or Lead Technician to perform their duties properly.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Performs complex diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and other equipment
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Performs diagnosis and repair in the field as required
- Mentors Service Technician Students as requested
- May Conducts or supports customer clinics
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Timely completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform complex repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on the machines of the Technician’s specialty with limited re-work or customer dissatisfaction
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Advanced Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Fork lift license and CDL (Commercial Drivers License) preferred