Location: Van Wert, OH
Type of Employment: Full-time
Ag Equipment Salesperson Needed:
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
Sells new and used agricultural equipment to new and existing customers.
- Represent the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area and/or defined customer base.
- Maintain current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership.
- Monitor competitive activity/products and timely communicate to management, accordingly.
- Maintain all customer information in assigned territory for sales management in Customer Trax.
- Responsible for accuracy of customer information of assigned accounts.
- Know and follow a defined sales process.
- Maintain assigned company vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of customer events.
- Conduct new equipment field demonstrations.
- Monitor trends in customer’s business activities and timely communicates to management.
- Maintain current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods.
- Attend applicable sales training events/seminars.
- Follow Kenn-Feld Group’s used equipment process to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
- During peak seasons, may be required to assist in product support functions.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 1+ years’ equipment sales experience.
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operational practices preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions as well as dealer business systems.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and extended hours and weekends.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required; Associate degree preferred.