Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-time
Customer Support Technician - John Deere Dealership
KFG has an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in joining our Precision Ag team at one of our Ag locations: Archbold, Coldwater, Napoleon, Van Wert.
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
Designated specialist that has operational knowledge for our supported machines. Is the resource person to investigate customer concerns with parts. Works closely with the service manager to ensure customer outreach is being conducted to ensure satisfaction with the department and recruitment of incoming workload.
- Resource for Technicians, Service Managers/Service Advisors and Parts Leads to help resolve critical product problems by assisting in diagnosis and repair and sharing of best practices.
- Performs field starts for assigned location.
- Participates in Precision Ag Call Support.
- Is lead contact for any LPB or Experimental Machines in their region.
- Performs Precision Ag conversions and installs if other staff not trained or backed up.
- Maintains Precision Ag infrastructure for region (RTK Bases).
- Conducts customer visits to drive engagement with programs and services being offered.
- Lead performance upgrade contact for sales and service teams.
- Conducts customer visits and contact to follow-up on customer satisfaction.
- Educates customer and staff on proper machine operation and optimization.
- Assists Parts and Service managers in working with John Deere to solve customer issues that require special considerations.
- Identifies, communicates, and executes continuous process improvements in Service and Parts departments to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction with the direction of the Service Manager and Parts Manager.
- Provides training to technicians on new equipment and systems.
- Maintains up to date technical knowledge of engine, hydraulics, and electrical systems and repair manual schematics
- Assists in identifying Technical/Operational training needs or gaps by communicating with location Service Mangers / Service Advisors.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Ensure that company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with company core values.
- May participate in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required to perform job responsibilities.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments.
- Maintains knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in Service and Parts department operations; demonstrated experience consistently meeting performance metrics preferred.
- Experience with basic computer functions; Experience using Service ADVISOR™, Parts ADVISOR™, Expert Alerts, Machine Health Dashboard or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred.
- Experience with the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in off road, construction, lawn, or heavy equipment.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with customers.
- Experience using financial principles to improve Service and Parts department profitability.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and reports.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.