Location: Edgerton, OH
Type of Employment: Full-time
John Deere Dealership Service Manager Needed
If you have the skills and desire to work in a fun, challenging, fast paced John Deere dealership then we want to talk with you!
Manages service operations within the location to maximize return on investment by optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department team members.
- Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Executes service department marketing plan with the direction from corporate service manager and marketing manager.
- Monitors metrics to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Ensures that all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims are submitted within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to team members in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge.
- Manages repair order system for completeness and accuracy prior to timely customer billing.
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Manages team member development activities for team members reporting to this position.
- Manages the location service department in accordance with Kenn-Feld Group guidelines for safety and proper workspace practices.
- Maintains all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles in good working order.
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
- Assists with the development and training of service personnel and completes performance reviews of service staff.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- 3+ years of experience working in a service department; demonstrated experience consistently meeting performance metrics preferred.
- Experience with off road, construction, lawn, or heavy equipment.
- Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Experience with basic computer functions; experience using Service ADVISOR™ or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred.
- Experience leading and working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Experience communicating effectively.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting internal reports.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) preferred.