Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Part-time
The Kenn-Feld Group, LLC sponsors students in the John Deere TECH program at Owens Community College in Toledo, OH.
The John Deere TECH program is an educational experience that prepares you for a career at a John Deere Dealership. It is a two-year associate's degree and offers advanced training in John Deere products and systems.
The first step is to register for and meet all college entrance requirements.
Then complete the Kenn-Feld Group application and submit two Degree Sponsorship Reference forms.
Kenn-Feld Group offers Scholarship Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement benefit, and Company Provided Tools and Toolbox for students sponsored in this degree program.
Participate in on-the-job training assisting service technicians in basic service tasks to learn key skills for a future mechanic tech position. While working, complete a two-year associate degree through an accredited John Deere TECH program focused on fundamentals and key technical concepts. Upon graduation from the program, become an efficient service mechanic tech certified in John Deere’s three core areas of service: Electrical, Hydraulics and Service ADVISOR™.
- Complete two years of instructor-led classroom and lab training at a John Deere Tech School.
- Complete minimum hours required of working onsite at the dealership.
- Obtain certification in Electrical, Hydraulics and Service ADVISOR™ training.
- Complete the total number of John Deere University credits as required.
- Assist senior technicians as needed.
- Learn and perform basic service tasks as assigned.
- Develop an understanding of labor efficiencies and meet labor efficiency goals.
- Develop an understanding of the service department operations and how the dealer business system is utilized.
- Develop skills in removal, disassembly, and reconditioning of components.
- May perform pre-delivery set-up and inspection on new equipment.
- Accountable for billable time and assigned work orders.
- Responsible for complete and thorough documentation of diagnostics and repairs performed on work orders and on time submittal of information.
- May participate in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required to perform job responsibilities.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Maintain minimum required GPA* (based on specific school and/or dealership requirements).
- Interest in learning methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of off road, construction, lawn, or heavy equipment.
- Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Experience with basic computer functions; Experience using Service ADVISOR™ or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred.
- Experience working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must have an adequate toolset to perform job responsibilities.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.